Hill stations and mountain destinations are the most frequently searched words on Google. Mountain ranges make the most visited travel destinations of the world. There is magic in the mountains that hold us captive forever. From flowing rivers to snow-capped peaks, from blissful snow to the crispy air- everything is special there. So, if you are looking for an ideal mountain destination for your next vacation, we’ve prepared a list of most picture-perfect hill stations around the globe.
World’s top favorite hill stations of mountain lovers
- Levi, Finland- A breathtakingly beautiful location in the North, Levi is in Finland. It is famous for its ski resorts and northern lights. The fantastic ski slopes attract adventurers from near and far. As situated in the extreme North Pole, the winters are harsh yet the best time to ski. Even the northern lights can be best sighted in the cold season.
- Hallstatt, Austria- Magnificent Alpine village, Hallstatt is cradled between the Hallstatter Sea and the majestic Dachstein mountains. The town is an ideal gateway in the lap of nature.
- Lecco, Italy- Lecco is a thriving mountain town and blessed with pleasant weather throughout the year. The village’s rustic charm and natural hideouts is all the travel therapy you are looking for. There is a wide range of activities for children and adults alike.
- Wengen, Switzerland- Switzerland is among the most famous countries visited by thousands of people every month. From Lucerne to Grindelwald, the hill towns of Switzerland require no introduction. Situated at an elevation of 4000 feet, Wengen is a quiet village surrounded by mesmerizing lakes and the mighty Alps. If you want to soothe your senses with Wengen’s lush greenery, summer is the best time for that.
- Ushuaia, Argentina- A budget retreat for someone seeking solace and mountains, Ushuaia has to be in your bucket list. It is the perfect spot for trekkers to get some adrenaline rush. You can also ferry to the icy continent of Antarctica from here.
- Wanaka, New Zealand- Home to New Zealand’s most scintillating lake, Wanaka is a place of absolute bliss. If you feel the need to leave all your worries at home and reconnect with nature, Wanaka is waiting for you with open arms. This evergreen locale remains tranquil in all seasons.
- Zakopane, Poland- Straight out of a fairytale, the town of Zokopane is too pretty to be real. Escape from the mundane life and explore the trekking trails of Zakopene with your dear one. Pristine lakes, mouthwatering Polish cuisine, and unmatched scenic beauty of the Tatra National Park are major tourist attractions.
- Bukovel, Ukraine- With ski slopes of up to 30 km, Ukraine’s Bukovel is among the world’s most popular hill stations. This is the place to ski to your heart’s content. Be it a snowy celebration of New Year or a white Christmas, Bukovel will be one of your most cherished vacation retreats.
Faroe Island, Bled, Innsbruck, Val di Funes, Fussen, Queenstown, Gurez Valley, and Leh-Ladakh are some other paradisical hill stations that you must visit at least once. So, which mountain town are you going to visit next?